It’s useless to send models out on the runway to cry. Fashions fade, style is eternal. People said making clothes inside out was not proper. I disagreed, because clothes that are inside out are as beautiful as a cathedral. Fashion can be this mysterious thing that you can’t explain. You have to be luxurious nude. It’s difficult to move in the nude in front of a mirror. It’s much easier to move when you’re dressed. But if you can walk around in the nude easily in front of your man, if you can be luxurious in the nude, then you’ve really got it.

We look our best in subdued colors, sophisticated cuts, and a general air of sleek understatement. Comfort is very important to me. I think people live better in big houses and in big clothes. Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury. Delete the negative; accentuate the positive! I never look at other people’s work. My mind has to be completely focused on my own illusions.

Attention to detail is of utmost importance when you want to look good. Money doesn’t buy elegance. You can take an inexpensive sheath, add a pretty scarf, gray shoes, and a wonderful bag, and it will always be elegant. My breakfast is very important. I wanted to dress the woman who lives and works, not the woman in a painting. I like things simple.